Jesus had free will

Jesus had his own "free will" but He came to do the will of the Father.  We can see Jesus being tempted in his flesh just as we are tempted by the enemy.   In His free will He could have chosen the easy path but he choose his father's will.  "He choose the cross, no one forced him to" -Altar'd by Jennifer Kennedy Dean. 

John 10:17-18 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life-only to take it up again.  No one takes it from me, But I lay it down on my own accord.  I have the authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.  This command I received from my Father. 

We too have free will, we can choose to do the will of God or not.  We can actively Choose to live by the spirit or by the flesh.  "He knew the crucifixion was the path to resurrection.  He surrendered to the crucifixion with His eyes on the promise of the resurrection.  When we surrender our flesh to His crucifixion, we join Him in his resurrection."-Altar'd by Jennifer Kennedy Dean.   As I said, it is our choice to do God's will or to do the will of our flesh.  Sometimes choosing to do the will of the Lord may seem hard to us but, we can hold on to this to always be true.... If we choose to do the will of our Father in heaven, He will ALWAYS PROVIDE FOR US HIS STRENGTH to do his will. 

So your will or His will?  I am learning to let go of my free will that comes from my flesh and do His that comes from the Spirit!!!   

Have a blessed day :)



No comments: