The timing is in God's hands, and our hope is in God.


With the resent events in Japan, I have heard people talking about the end of times.   I had someone tell me that they are afraid it is coming. My response to that is that it was has been coming for the last 2000 years.  Each day we are closer to what people refer to as the end.  (I see it as a new beginning but many see it as the end)

Words are powerful and the use of certain words can scare people.   THE END….  sounds scary.  There is no hope in “The End”.   When something ends; it is final and there is no more. When someone says the world is ending and they are scared I can’t help but think that their fear comes from a lack of hope.  Hope is found in God, hope is found in faith, hope is found in the love and forgiveness of God.  GOD IS HOPE, and when we put our hope in him there is no fear with what is to come.  Romans 15:13 says, may the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit.  




The sign seems to say it all; there is only one way to "HOPE"


In talking to someone about their fear that the world is coming to a end, I told that person that I was not scared the world would end because I have been saved and I know where I am going (my hope is in God), I explained however that I was scared for the people I love that don’t know the Lord.  If the rapture is today or, in a 1000 years my fear is the same.  I fear for the lives and the salvation of those that don’t know God but I don’t fear the rapture.

Revelations is a scary book in the bible if you don’t believe in the love of God and if you don’t put your hope in him and, fully trust him.   I spoke with one of my dear friends last week about the fear that people had and both of us are filled with joy when we think of a life in the presence of Christ.  My heart is torn, I so want to see Jesus return for the hope of this broken world and than my heart is burdened when I think of those that don’t know the one true God, the Creator of heaven and earth. The God that loved the world so that he would give his only son so that all who know him will not perish but will have eternal life.  (John 3:16)

When we truly live a life with God in control we can grab hold of the eternal lifeline he has given us through his son, Jesus Christ.   It is a gift of love freely offered to all who choose to reach out and take hold.  There is hope in that!!

This conversation about the rapture really hit home with me, I need to be more active in sharing my faith, I can’t predict God’s timing, my time on earth may be finished before the rapture comes or it could happen any day.  I can’t spend my time waiting and wondering. I need to spend my time pressing in and showing the love of Christ to those that don’t know the truth.  

Yes the world is going to have a time of tribulation. The rapture is coming, Revelations 4:8 tells us “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is, and is to come.  Yes he is coming, lets stop waiting and wondering and let’s get out there and share his love with others.  There is no fear in God, there is fear of the unknown and those that don’t know God are faced with the fear of the “END” as many people call it. They don’t see the hope and new beginning of eternal life with that was poured out for all of us that day on the cross when Christ gave his life so that we could live.   

For those left behind it will be something that I can’t even begin to wrap my mind around.  I Know during that time more will come to know God, they will fight evil head on and will give there lives for the kingdom.  The thought of those people is bittersweet.  I know they will give glory and honor to God but I hope and pray that no one would need to see that.  I long to have everyone know God for who he is and all he has to offer

My heart breaks for Japan and people all over the world that have been hit with destruction.  Yes the earth is groaning but I refuse to live in fear of what is to come, instead I will keep my eyes on Christ and my heart focused on sharing the truth.

Only God knows the time of his son’s return and I put my trust in his timing and his plan.   I hope you will find hope in God and that you will want to share his love with others.   I will continue to pray for our world and that the truth will be known by many. 


No comments: