Mary or Martha?


I have so many things that need to be done today and yet I find myself sitting with my coffee in hand.  It is not that I am being lazy.  I know there is yard work to be done today but it is something else.  Am I going to be a “Mary” or a “Martha” today? 

I guess I have just answered that question.  For a little bit longer the work can wait.  Lord I want nothing more than to climb into your arms and rest for a bit.  To bask in your love is what I need.  The yard will not go anywhere and I am thankful I have a yard to mow but it is YOU I need right now. 

I have found myself having to take a break in my typing so that I could spill my heart out to God.  I know He knows what is in there but to say it seems to give me strength and peace.  Oh if you could see me right now. I am a mess on the outside but God is doing something inside me that is beautiful.  In God’s perfect timing “from the inside out” by Hillsong comes on as I type this.  The words seem to sum it up…
Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring you praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out

As I sit in the quiet I found myself praying that I can “BASK” in your love.  Bask is not a word I use on a regular basis but I know you are speaking to me so I listen to my worship music and I BASK IN YOUR LOVE.  “Bask,” continues to pull at my heart and I am blown away with what God has shown me. 
bask [bɑːsk]vb (intr; usually foll by in)
1. To lie in or be exposed to pleasant warmth, esp that of the sun
2. To flourish or feel secure under some benevolent influence or favorable condition

All I need to do is change “Sun” to “SON” and that definition fits perfectly to what I need today… Lord today I need to lay back and BASK exposed to the pleasant warmth of the SON and flourish or feel secure under some (YOUR) benevolent influence or favorable condition.   
TODAY I CHOOSE TO BE A MARY.

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”  “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:38-42


No comments: